Come out and join us for a different twist on running and having fun. What are we all about? We are all about having fun with friends. We are a “drinking club with a running problem.” Every Saturday we jog, walk, crawl and run a 2 to 5 mile cross country fun run. We follow a trail marked with flour and chalk laid by “hares” which ends at an “On-On” celebration and party. The cost is $7 and includes all the beer, soda and water you care to drink. It only takes half a mind to hash, so come out and join us!
Come join us for our annual Red Dress weekend this February. Click here for more info.
Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Contact Us!
What is Hashing?
The history of the Hash House Harriers goes back to 1938, and hash groups exist in most cities in the world. The “Other Orlando Hash House Harriers” have been running every week since 1986, a total of over 1800 hashes. We have a wide range of regulars, from serious runners to casual walkers. We welcome first-timers nearly every week and often have visiting hashers from all over the world. Everyone over the age of 21 is welcome.
- Wikipedia: Hash House Harriers
- PJ Media: A Drinking Club With a Running Problem
- CNN: Where human ‘hounds’ chasing human ‘hares’ can be fun
- CNN Travel: A drinker’s guide to running the world
- Frederick Magazine: For the Run of It
- NPR: Meet The Hash Harriers: The Original Drinking And Running Club
- The Washington Post: The methods, myths and mysteries of hashing